We get it. Running a small business is a big job! Sometimes you prioritize working for others over working on yourself. It’s a really common problem. The real issue is that you may find yourself several months or even years into running your business without good branding, or even a polished logo in practical files that you can use easily and consistently.
This is no good at all.
When you lack a logo, or lack a good logo that is clear, easy to read, memorable, and featured prominently on your print and digital marketing, you run the risk of people not taking you seriously or not remembering who you are. Many people use social media channels as search engines, so if they are familiar with your company and you put your logo on your Facebook page, it’s a lot easier for people to be sure they are liking or checking-in at the correct business.
You want people to visit your business and then leave you a good review, right? This is harder to do when they can’t find you on social pages because it looks like your pages are inactive or not the correct location because you lack brand consistency.
But let’s focus on the positives of what a good logo can do for you business:
- It convey who you are, what you do, and that you are a reputable business.
- It can make your digital and print marketing pieces all part of a single collection that people recognize as uniquely yours.
- A logo portrays the personality of your business and helps patients identify with who you are.
- A really great logo sets the stage for the rest of your branding!
- A good logo in appropriate file types, resolution, and large sizes makes your job easier because you can hand it off to a graphic designer, a journalist, a printer, a webmaster, or anyone who is helping you build marketing materials—digital, print, or otherwise.
Having a clear logo that makes sense and gives recognition and personality to your business is crucial for small business owners who hope to maintain a robust client base and grow in competitive markets.
If you’re looking for logo inspiration to get started putting some ideas on paper, here’s some advice:
Find someone who knows what they’re doing. There’s a reason that graphic designers exist! They know form, color, marketing trends, and way more that will make you look good.
Think about your business. What do you do? Do you want that reflected in your logo? Do you want something less literal?
Are there certain shapes that would make more sense? For instance, does your storefront or office have a sign that’s a certain shape and it would be best for your logo to be horizontal, stacked, square, or something else?
Do you have design preferences? Some people will tell us only a color or shape they like, whereas others have specific ideas about what they like. It’s fine either way! Ultimately, you need to be happy with your business’ branding. Be open to suggestions, but don’t be afraid to have an opinion, either.
Do you need a fresh logo? Get in touch!